How to make photo black white is a very common question among beginners. Like nothing complicated, but the results sometimes do not make. In principle, transfer photos in black and white is easy, but there are nuances to consider.
First, black and white photography should be more clear and contrasting. Masters may say that it is not quite so. And I agree with them. But we're not talking about creating masterpieces, but just about a good black-and-white photography.
Secondly, if you photograph an outdoor landscape, you may experience problems with the translation of the sky in a black and white version. If the cloudiness is solid, with no visible clouds, the picture turns out not much. Anyway, I don't like. If you take pictures with a view to processing black and white format, try to choose a fair weather or when clouds are clearly drawn. Then the picture turns out more expressive.
If I photograph people, too, there are nuances. Complexion-in black and white it will be grayed out and have to pick a shade to face was expressive.
I shot a quick video where for a few minutes on the example of showing and telling how quickly handle photo and make black and white photo using Adobe Lightroom. Long take this program. Although for fast processing in field conditions previously used Aperture. Unfortunately, Apple stopped supporting the program and now use mostly Laytrum gives and sometimes for fast processing of Capture One Express 9 (for Sony) from Phase One.
In short, creating a black and white photography is to convert colors to grayscale. Pure white as pure black is "nothing" options. Absolute darkness and bright light-there's nothing, only the color.
Here's how to pick shades and is complexity.
A few nuances when processing photos you might want to vnimnaie:
- Contrast, as stated above-contrast adds brightness and makes it better, reducing the smooth transitions, making the line more sharp;
- Clarity-all clear. We cannot play with color, so play with shades, but that picture was striking make it clearer.
- Changing saturation (luminance) colors individually. Here the rules as there are none and all depends on the purpose of the processing. For example, to make the leaves more visible in bright light, we make the Green darker, while processing a night photography.
- Light and dark shades. With the help of black and white levels, we can change not only the shades, but brightness, sharpness of photos
- Sharpness. When processing color photography this tool take very carefully. He adds grain, and grain is resized and detail sharpening effect itself is reduced. Black and white photography, especially when night shooting with this tool, you can use the bolder.
It is, in short, that you need to consider when creating a black and white photo. Well, now himself a lesson. It's nothing particularly new, but can someone come in handy.
So, before the video itself will show what we had and what happened in the end, after processing: